Last Updated: June 29, 2023
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES LL Flooring COLLECT?
Generally, we collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact information (e.g., name, alias, phone number, email address, personal identifiers, online identifiers, account name, and other similar identifiers possibly including federal tax identification number)
- Billing/shipping information (e.g., credit/debit card number, bank account number, or other financial information, shipping or home address, signature, and other information required to process or deliver your purchases)
- Commercial information(e.g., products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, product wish-lists, hobbies, likes and dislikes relating to our products).
- Demographic information (e.g., age and date of birth, sex, gender)
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (including Internet or other similar activity, browsing history, search history, IP address, and information regarding your interactions with our websites, applications, or advertisements)
- Geolocation data (inferred from your IP address or mobile device location)
- Audiovisual information (e.g., call recordings when you call our customer service numbers, CCTV footage in our stores)
- Inferences about your preferences, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes
HOW DOES LL Flooring USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
We use your personal information to:
- Fulfill and process requests for products, services or information
- Communicate with you
- Administer shopping or accounts
- Provide customer service
- Administer sweepstakes or promotions
- Offer new products and services
- Engage in marketing and advertising our products and services
- Measure and improve the effectiveness of our Services, marketing, and advertising
- Tailor our online or in-store offerings to your preferences
- Administer surveys
- Send marketing communications from us or third parties in which we feel you may be interested in
- Protect against and prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions
- Enforce agreements and legal requirements
- Alert you about product issues
- For other legally permissible purposes.
HOW DOES LL Flooring COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information through various means, including when you directly provide information to us and when we automatically collect information about you through your use of our Services. In some instances, you may be able to choose what information to provide, but sometimes we require certain information from you to use features of the website or apps.
Information You Provide Directly
While shopping or otherwise using our Services, we may ask that you provide certain information about yourself. For example, we request personal information when you set up an account online, purchase products or services, schedule delivery or installation, join a frequent buyer program, participate in a sweepstakes, promotion or survey, contact LL Flooring with a question or concern, submit a review, or participate in other activities we offer through the Services.
Information We Collect from Others
Our service providers may collect personal information on our behalf in the course of providing their services to us. We also may obtain your personal information from our parent, subsidiary, and sister companies. In some circumstances, we obtain personal information about you from business partners, resellers, data brokers, and other third parties, some of which may sell the information to us. To understand your rights and choices regarding personal information collected by other companies, please consult the privacy policies of the businesses that you interact with.
Some features of our Services may allow your friends and family to share your personal information with us. For example, when someone shares a product with you through the Service or ships a product to you, they may provide us with contact information, commercial information, and other information in order to do so.
Information We Collect Automatically
In addition to information you provide to us, we and our agents, vendors, and consultants (collectively “service providers”) collect information automatically when you use our Services. Examples of the types of personal information that may be collected automatically include:
- IP address
- Browser type and language, operating system, access time, duration of visit, and referring website address
- The pages you view within our website and other actions you take while visiting us
- The pages you view immediately before and after you access our website
- Information related to whether you open an email or click on a link in an email we sent
- Information from a referring source (a third-party website, blog, social media site, etc.)
- Information from content you post or share publicly on discussion forums, review sites, social media pages, or other areas of the internet
- Usage data collected when you download or use our apps
Cookies and other Technologies
- Where necessary to run our website, for example by allowing you to log in and add items to your cart/bag
- To optimize the functionality of our website, including by personalizing content for you, greeting you by name, pre-filling forms for you, and remembering your preferences (e.g., your choice of language or location)
- For analytics purposes—for example, to help us understand how our website is used, to see what products most interest you, and determine how best to market our products to you. More information on website analytics is provided below.
- For purposes of ad targeting and marketing. These cookies collect information about your browsing behavior on our website in order to show you relevant advertising when you visit other websites or use social media.
- To determine if our email messages have been opened and acted upon.
- To obtain information about your interactions with our online advertisements, such as whether you clicked on an ad and the website where you may have seen the ad.
Cookies vary in how long they last. “Session cookies” terminate shortly after you terminate your internet session. “Persistent cookies” are stored on your device until a set expiration date. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on our website.
Third Party Advertising Service Providers
We may share your personal information with third-party companies for advertising purposes, including to serve advertisements across the Internet, track your activity and interests over time on our Services and on third party websites and mobile applications; and to identify the different device(s) you use to access our Services. These third-party companies may collect your personal information automatically when you use our Services using the technologies outlined above (see “Cookies and Other Technologies”). These third-party companies also may possess or obtain information about you from your interactions directly with the third-party companies, with other websites, mobile applications, or companies that they work with, or from your interactions with advertisements the third-party companies display to you.
You can manage third-party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by utilizing the choices at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Additional options for opting-out of interest-based advertising can be found at https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. To learn about the data Google Ad Services collects or to opt out, please visit https://adssettings.google.com. Pinterest users may also opt out of online behavioral advertising through their Pinterest personalization settings.
We use service providers to help us analyze website visitors’ online activity on our Services through session replay technologies to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our Services, and to improve the Services. These technologies may collect the following types of information, among others: IP address; device type (unique device identifiers); browser information; geographic location; and preferred language. Our use of these services may involve the disclosure of information about website visitors.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track ("DNT") is a privacy preference signal that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Currently, our webites do not respond to DNT mechanisms.
HOW DOES LL Flooring SHARE MY INFORMATION?
We share the categories of personal information we collect as follows:
- Within our group of companies including our affiliates, subsidiaries, locations, brands, etc.
- With our service providers in order for them to provide their services to us. For example, we may share your personal information to process or deliver your orders, provide customer service, operate and improve our business, website and apps, improve our products and customer service, process payments or assess creditworthiness, perform auditing and quality control, assist with marketing and advertising, to communicate with you on our behalf, and to otherwise operate our business.
- With third parties for marketing and advertising purposes, to improve our products and services, or to provide you with other products and services that may interest you.
- As necessary, for the following purposes: (a) to comply with any legal process; (b) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations and protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (e) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- With third parties in connection with or during negotiations of any reorganization, acquisition, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
Social Features and Our Services
Certain functionalities on our services permit interactions that you initiate between our services and certain third-party services, such as third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include: enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between our services and a third-party service; “liking” or “sharing” our content; logging into our services using your third-party service account; and otherwise connecting our services to a third-party service (e.g., to pull or push information to or from our services). If you use Social Features, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on our services or by the third-party service that you use. Similarly, if you post information on a third-party service that references us (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with us or our affiliates in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with our services or otherwise by us and/or our affiliates. Also, both we and the third party may have access to certain information about you and your use of our services and any third-party service.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY MARKETING PREFERENCES?
If your information is currently being used to send you marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time. All marketing email and direct mail communications from LL Flooring, such as hot deals or special offers, tell you how to stop receiving them.
To opt-out of receiving marketing communications from LL Flooring and/or third-party marketers: Follow directions on a marketing email or direct mail communication; call 1-800-366-4204; send an email with your current contact information to email@example.com or send a request with your current contact information to:
If you send an email or letter request, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number and email address and indicate specifically what type of marketing communications you wish to stop receiving. This will ensure we identify you correctly in our systems and accurately process your opt-out request.
Please note that if you opt out of marketing communications, you may still receive business-related communications such as order confirmations, product recall information or other administrative communications.
HOW DO I CHANGE MY TEXT/SMS MESSAGING PREFERENCES?
You have the choice to opt-in to receiving text messages and alerts on the mobile phone number(s) you share with us. You do not have to opt-in to text messages and alerts to use and enjoy our products or services. If you opt-in, standard text messaging charges may apply. You may choose to opt-out from our text messages and alerts at any time. To directly opt-out, send us a text message from your mobile phone with the word STOP, STOP ALL, END, QUIT, CANCEL or UNSUBSCRIBE, and we will unsubscribe you from text communications.
HOW CAN I UPDATE OR CHANGE MY INFORMATION?
LL Flooring wants your information and preferences to be accurate and complete. We provide several different methods for you to update or change the information associated with your account. If you've created an account on llflooring.com, you can update your information after logging into your account. If you don’t have an account, please call 1-800-366-4204; send a request to CustomerCare@llflooring.com; or send a request to:
HOW DOES LL Flooring SECURE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Whether you are shopping online, by phone or at a LL Flooring retail store, we have industry standard security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access and alteration of the personal information under our control. Such measures include commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical protections and safeguards. However, there is no perfect security, and we cannot guarantee your personal information will always remain secure. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any credentials used to access your account with us. If you suspect any unauthorized activity associated with your account, please report that activity to us immediately
DOES LL Flooring COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
The Services are not directed at children and we do not seek or intend to collect information from children who are under the age of 18. If we learn that someone under 18 has submitted personal information to us, we will take reasonable measure to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information for any purpose (except as necessary to protect the safety of a child or as otherwise required or permitted by law). If you become aware that a minor has submitted personal information to us, please contact us.
PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR THE LL Flooring CREDIT CARD
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents can learn more about their privacy rights on our California Privacy Rights page here.
COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, VIRGINIA, AND UTAH PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a consumer who lives in Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia or Utah, please review our Supplemental US State Privacy Notice for more information about your privacy rights.
PRIVACY INFORMATION FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada residents may opt-out of the “sale” of “covered information” to third parties, including but not limited to name, address, social security number, telephone number, email address, and other information through which a person may be contacted. Our uses of your personal information are not sales under Nevada law. If you have any questions or if you would like to receive notice by email in the event we should engage in “sales” of personal information under Nevada law in the future, please email us at CustomerCare@llflooring.com
VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES