Rigid Vinyl Plank General Care & Maintenance Guidelines
Our rigid vinyl planks are designed to bring beautiful wood and stone looks to your environment to fit your flooring needs and style, while also providing a solution with easy maintenance.
Created for residential and in some cases light and heavy commercial applications, this flooring is tough - but it still requires care and attention to keep you floor looking beautiful for years to come.
A great idea is to add a Bellawood Floor Care Kit to your cleaning supplies.
For day to day cleaning we recommend the floor to be swept and/or vacuumed. The vacuum head must be a felt brush type. Do not use vacuums with beater bars / very hard bristles. This will help eliminate fine particles of dirt and grit that act like sandpaper which will scratch and / or dull the surface of your flooring.
Reduce the visibility of minor scratches using Bellawood Scratch Away.
Minimize abrasive material and dirt by placing mats on both sides of exterior doors and by using area rugs in high-traffic areas.
We recommend the use of NON-RUBBER backed mats that are labeled “colorfast” by the manufacturer. Non-staining, vinyl-backed mats or woven rugs should be used at all door entries from outside to avoid discoloration from asphalt driveways, catch dirt, grit, sand, and other debris to help sustain the flooring.
We also recommend using protective mats around sinks and tubs to catch excess water and debris.
Use Bellawood Floor Cleaner to deep clean your whole floor and clean spots and soiled areas.
DO NOT use cleaning agents containing wax, oil or polish. Leftover residue will form a dull film.
DO NOT use steel wool or scouring pad, as they will scratch the floor.
The use of residential steam mops on this product is allowed. Use at lowest power with a suitable soft pad, do not hold a steam mop on one spot for an extended period of time. Refer to the steam mop’s manufacture instructions for proper usage.
Although tough this flooring can be dented, gouged and scratched, this can by caused by but is not limited to: dropped objects, damaged shoe heals / soles, abrasive particles, etc.
The following steps will help reduce the risk of this kind of damage:
- Floor protectors should always be installed to the bottom of furniture to prevent scratching and marking.
- Minimize abrasive material and dirt by placing mats on both sides of exterior doors and by using area rugs in high-traffic areas.
- We recommend the use of a hard surface (non-studded), non-rubber chair mat to protect your floor from office chairs with casters.
- Light, rolling furniture should be outfitted with broad-surface, non-staining casters that have been engineered for hard surface floors (casters should be minimum 1" wide and at least 2" in diameter.
- Never slide or roll heavy furniture or appliances across the floor. If flooring will be exposed to rolling traffic or heavy, appliances protect the flooring with plywood or hardboard panels.
- Remove shoes that are damaged exposing sharp metal, have cleats etc. before walking on the floor.
Your flooring is like other products and maybe susceptible to fading, with prolonged exposure to sunlight. Use of window coverings, shades or tinting your windows is recommended.
Although the flooring planks are waterproof, you should promptly remove spills using a soft cloth reducing slip hazards.
We love our pets but occasionally accidents happen.
- Cleaning the affected area should begin immediately upon discovery:
- Use absorbent paper tissue to collect as much of the deposited material as possible and properly dispose of it. Remove any existing residue with a suitable disinfecting cleaner.
- Repeat until all residue is removed. Buff dry. Clean, using Bellawood Floor Cleaner.
- The more time that elapses before removal, the more difficult the deposit and stain will be to remove.
- Keep pets’ nails trimmed.
For more information for your product click here and enter you product’s code found on one end of the box e.g. 10043266
Tips for vinyl with different textures / finish
It is recommended to clean a floor in the same general direction as the texture, not across it. A sticky, hazy or greasy looking surface can occur if the floor was cleaned the wrong way such as; using too much cleaner or the wrong cleaners like detergents or soaps.
Polished/ High Gloss
Dried watermarks are often more visible on polished textures. Therefore, for best results, immediately wipe the floor dry after damp cleaning.
Clean along or with the beveled-edges, not across them. Floors with beveled edges can act as a pocket where moisture can collect. When cleaning make sure no water or cleaner has collected or puddled in the bevel.
For additional comments or questions please contact our Customer Care through online chat, or call or visit a nearby showroom.