Cork Flooring Care & Maintenance Guide
Cork Flooring is designed to bring beautiful looks and natural comfort to your environment to fit your flooring needs and style, while also providing a solution with easy maintenance.
Created for residential applications, this flooring is extremely tough but still requires care and attention to keep it looking beautiful for years to come.
For day to day cleaning we recommend the floor to be swept and/or vacuumed.
The vacuum head must be a felt brush type.
(Do not use vacuum with beater bars or with very hard bristles). This could act like sandpaper which will scratch and/or dull the surface of your flooring.
-Reduce the visibility of minor scratches using Bellawood Scratch Away.
-Minimize abrasive material and dirt by placing mats on both sides of exterior doors and by using area rugs in high-traffic areas.
-Use Bellawood Floor Cleaner to deep clean your whole floor and clean spots and soiled areas.
DO NOT use cleaning agents containing wax, oil or polish. Leftover residue will form a dull film.
DO NOT use steel wool or scouring pad, as they will scratch the floor.
This flooring can be dented, gouged and scratched, this can by caused by but is not limited to: dropped objects, damaged shoe heals / soles, abrasive particles, etc. The following steps will help reduce the risk of this kind of damage:
• Floor protectors should always be installed to the bottom of furniture legs to prevent scratching and marking.
• Minimize abrasive material and dirt by placing mats on both sides of exterior doors and by using area rugs in high-traffic areas.
• We recommend the use of a hard surface (non-studded), non-rubber chair mat to protect your floor from office chairs with casters.
• Light, rolling furniture should be outfitted with broad-surface, non-staining casters that have been engineered for hard surface floors (casters should be a minimum of 1" wide and at least 2" in diameter.
• Never slide or roll heavy furniture or appliances across the floor
• If flooring will be exposed to rolling traffic or heavy, appliances protect the flooring with plywood or hard board panels.
• Remove shoes that are damaged exposing sharp metal, have cleats etc. before walking on the floor
Your flooring is like other products and is susceptible to fading, with prolonged exposure to sunlight. Use of window coverings, shades or tinting your windows is recommended. You should promptly remove spills using a soft cloth reducing slip hazards.
We love our pets but occasionally accidents happen.
• Cleaning the affected area should begin immediately upon discovery.
• Use absorbent paper tissue to collect as much of the deposited material
as possible and properly dispose of it. Remove any existing residue with a suitable disinfecting cleaner.
• Repeat until all residue is removed. Buff dry. Clean, using Bellawood Floor Cleaner.
• The more time that elapses before removal, the more
difficult a stain will be to remove.
• Keep pets’ nails trimmed.
We recommend the use of NON-RUBBER backed mats that are labeled “colorfast” by the manufacturer. Non-staining, vinyl-backed mats or woven rugs should be used at all door entries from outside to avoid discoloration from asphalt driveways, catch dirt, grit, sand, and other debris to help sustain the flooring.
We also recommend using protective mats around sinks and tubs to catch excess water and debris.
Cork Flooring is made from the bark of cork oak trees.
It’s a sustainable flooring option, as the bark is harvested without destroying the tree and it grows back as quickly as 9 years, ready to be harvested again.
Cork flooring offers excellent thermal insulation and sound absorption properties.